Sunday, May 24, 2009

My other blog

Hey all you bloggerinos. This is Tyler, the other T in "T N' T." While Tara does most of the blogging, I like to throw in my two cents once and a while. For all interested - and I hinted that I was going to do this - I am starting a side blog for anyone who is interested (which probably won't be many :). This blog is going to be focused on the Harry Potter series, (which I love by the way if you didn't already know.) I've read the books countless times and I seem to gain more from them each time I read them. So, the way I'm going to proceed with the blog will be as follows:

I'm starting reading the series again, but this time, I am going to blog after every few chapters. I will be posting my thoughts, opinions, and insights into what I've read both for my personal sake (like a weird Harry journal) and for those who maybe didn't see things the same way I did while reading the series. My hope is to have you readers comment and share your own insights and thoughts and maybe even start up a lively debate. My other purpose is for all the well-intentioned folks out there who have not yet read the series (ahem, Tyler Scott) to have a good excuse to start reading them. I hope I can at least get a few people who will read them along with me and discover or rediscover the awesomeness that is Harry Potter. I won't be reading at breakneck speed, so don't feel rushed. I have had such a fun time discovering this series and want to rediscover it all over again. So please, if any of you or anyone you know would be interested in joining me, please share the link with them. The blog is up and I plan on starting the reading soon, so get ready!

Very best,

The Gryffindork

discoveringharry.blogspot.com

p.s. Very soon, I will be posting a critique (rant) of the Twilight series on the discoveringharry blog. Stay tuned!

9 comments:

Dave & Chels said...

I'm so happy you are doing a Harry Potter blog. I love HP, but am more of a closet fan than anything else. I spent a good half hour last night on youtube watching all the new HP trailers, and started thinking I need to re-read the half-blood prince. Thanks for the motivation! (Does this mean I'm a nerd too? Oh well - how can you NOT love Harry Potter? I even got my two year old to like the movies!)
-Chels

Unknown said...

Please tell me you'll find a way to work in the phrase "Huffleshoveit".

Tyler the Gryffindork said...

Chelsea, yes, you're a nerd too :) I'm glad you're as excited as I am about the 6th movie coming out.

Sam, I nearly already used "Huffleshoveit." I'll be sure to work it in.

Anonymous said...

I will do my best to get my husband reading! :) I am excited to see your thoughts. I love to discuss books. Fun idea.

Mary said...

I wish that I could be as excited as the 2 of you chels and tyler....I do think that it is a bit strange but then again I havent read them. I am sure I would gain more appreciation if I had.

mama b said...

Look what I started that night I was reading to Tess!!! Who would've thunk it!

Tyler the Gryffindork said...

Yes, Mom, it's all your fault! Mary, read the books and you'll understand. Trust me :)

Daren said...

I'm all for it Tyler. I've tried to get Heather to read the books, but she's content with the movies. I know, I know, I've tried to tell her they aren't nearly the same, but what can I do? I just finished rereading the sixth book in preparation for the movie and couldn't stop myself from starting the 7th immediately after. I look forward to the blog!

Tyler the Gryffindork said...

Daren, I'm glad I got your support. I'll get Tara to try to talk some sense into your wife. She just needs to give it a try.