I just thought I would do a little update on what I have been up to (and Tyler as well). I still have yet to find a job. I have applied to many, many, many places since moving here about a month ago. I have only had one interview, and it seems to have been unsuccessful at this point. We would really like for me to get an apartment management position so we can have free rent, income, and a good job for me when we actually start a family. I am starting to hear from a few of these places, but nothing too exciting at the moment. I just got a letter from BYU yesterday saying that my graduation application has been put on hold. I will not receive my diploma until December because one of my professors did not submit my grade. I am not very happy about this, because I no longer "have a college degree", which helps in the job pursuit. Kind of a bummer.
Tyler is in his 4th week of school. He has had 2 tests (just had his second one yesterday). He did well on his 1st one. He got a B, and that is very good compared to the rest of his class. Out of 75 students only 18 got B's and higher, so I am very proud of him. He is handling dental school very well and seems to be enjoying it. He often says that he is learning so much already, and it has only been a couple weeks! I just tell him to think about the knowledge he'll have after 4 years! His pre-term ends on the 26th of this month, and then he starts a little bit more rigorous schedule on the 29th when everyone is back in school.
I am so proud of him and his life ambitions! He's the greatest!
2 comments:
So which teacher was it? Was there a problem with your test or your grade or was the professor just late? How many other seniors aren't getting their diploma like they thought?? I'm sorry that stinks!
Tara!! You'll find a job soon...don't worry :) How are you loving Portland?
Post a Comment