
A few of us wives went up to Cannon Beach on Friday to meet our husbands. We then proceeded to Cape Lookout State Park near Tillamook. We camped about a hundred yards from the beach on Friday night. The beach was gorgeous and it was neat to hear the sound of the ocean as we were falling asleep. We got to the campground around 4:30 and set up camp, found some wood, and started the fire.
Finding wood on the beach.
The guys trying to start the fire... we had "strike anywhere" matches... I don't think they were really strike anywhere though. ;)
Our tent is the one in the back. I like it. We decided to tough it out and sleep on the ground! It was actually quite comfortable!
We had tinfoil dinners and played a few rounds of Catch Phrase before it was "quiet time". The girls kicked the boys butts (like always!). =) The next morning we had eggs and sausage (thanks Anne!) and scones! I think all the food was a big hit! We were well fed. We went down to the beach for a little bit to hang out while Willie and Jon decided to Skim Board (I think that's what it's called). They were pretty brave because the water was freezing!
Just hanging out.
If you look closely you can see Jon Skim Boarding in the background!
After we had enough of camping we tore down camp and drove into Tillamook to have some lunch at a local diner and tour the Tillamook cheese factory! It was a lot of fun. We got to sample the cheese and bought squeaky cheese! We also had some delicious Tillamook ice cream! It was great!

Cows at the cheese factory! (Alicia this is for you!)
We had a fun weekend! It was nice for Tyler to have a break from school and to be able to hang out with our new friends!
3 comments:
Man, I love Cannon Beach. I haven't been there in years.
it looks like you guys had fun. I hope everything is going well! I miss you too!
Your little weekend vacation sounds fun! Cute new background by the way! My sister has the same one! :)
Post a Comment