I think this might be the longest I have gone without blogging! Kind of sad.
We don't have much going on these days. We are still working on settling in and making friends. Tyler is loving his job and I am enjoying staying at home with Addy. I need to find something to occupy my time though.
We both have callings, which is awesome! We are team teaching the CTR 4 class. We have 12 kids! It is insane! Come January we will have about 4, which will be a huge difference. We love our kids though. Unfortunately, I didn't have the chance to go to Relief Society once since we moved into the ward because we got callings so quickly. I was gone for the first 3 Sundays and then we got called the Thursday I got back and went right into Primary on the 4th week. It might make it a little harder to meet people, but hopefully we will make some friends soon. Tyler does have a few friends from high school that are still around. I like them and we have hung out with them, so that's fun!
Addelyn is LOVING preschool now. She gets so excited in the morning when I tell her it's time to get ready. All it took was one little ice cream sundae for not crying. We watched my niece, Emery, this weekend while her mom and dad were out of town. Addelyn had sooo much fun with her! They played together and shared so well! It makes me happy! I think they are on a great start to being great friends. So fun!
Addy also loves going to visit Nana, Papa, and Tess at work. She is constantly asking me when we are going to go. I try not to go too often, so they can get some work done! :) She's a little nervous about going to visit Tyler at work, but hasn't even been to the dentist yet.
Our family is loving Hermiston. It is so nice to be in a small town. I don't miss the traffic or hustle and bustle of Portland. We do miss the community centers, zoo, OMSI, children's museum, playdate PDX, and friends, but we are slowly finding fun things here to occupy our time. We are also loving the constant sunshine over here. It's so nice to not feel trapped inside the house cause it's raining. It is a little hard that our only real store is Wal Mart. I am missing Target and look forward to our weekend trips to Tri Cities to do our real shopping. I just do a lot more online shopping these days... probably not a good thing.
I had my first dental appointment today with Dr. Bendixsen. :) Proud to say I am cavity free! It was neat seeing him in action and listening to him talk about my teeth, even though I didn't understand it. I have also been doing a little bit of canning, made some sweet cherry jam, canned peaches (from Utah, best ever!), and salsa! I love canning!
We went to Utah for a short visit last month. My sisters, Cassie and Jenna, came from Iowa and South Dakota. I haven't seen them in over a year and a half, so it was really good to see them! We just went shopping, took pictures, played games, the usual. A few of us also hiked (half way) to Stewart Falls before we had to turn around and come back. Next time we plan on making it all the way! :) It was gorgeous!














2 comments:
Yay! It sounds like you guys are doing great - Addy's horse shirt is ridiculously cute! Love you guys!
Wow 12 kids in you class! Thats a lot! Ha! Its definately hard to make friends when your in primary but Im sure everyone will see how awesome you are soon enough:) It has been a rainy weekend here in portland, but I have to admit it felt kind of nice to be a little cold and cozy. Maybe Im just trying to make the best of it though!
Post a Comment