After much debating I decided that it would be a great idea to put Addelyn in preschool this year. After moving to a new place she needs to make some new friends and have some structure in her life again. So, I signed her up at Bethlehem Lutheran Preschool. Everyone here raves about how great it is. Addy's Aunt Tess even went there when she was little! Last Friday, we had a popsicle social at the school where Addy got to go in and meet her teachers and get acquainted with the classroom. TOTAL FAILURE! Addelyn has always been super independent. Never had a problem with leaving us for any reason, until now! She clung to us, didn't want to participate in story time, and didn't want anything to do with the other kids. She was "that kid" that everyone is talking about. When it was time for popsicles they passed them out and Addy was so mad because she wanted a pink one and got a blue one. The girl sitting across the table from her got a pink one, which made it way worse! She threw a huge crying, screaming fit! Crazy!
Don't let this picture deceive you, it was right before she got her popsicle. :)
Tyler and I have been trying to hype up preschool ever since. We talk about all the toys, the snack time, the story time, the playground, her teacher, etc. Whenever we talk about it Addy seems super excited! She even seemed super excited this morning while taking pictures.
Today was her first official day! I walked her up and she immediately clung to me and wanted me to pick her up. I picked her up and went into her classroom. She buried her head in my shoulder. I walked her around the room asking her what she wanted to play with, when we got to the blocks she quickly got down and started happily playing. I gave her a kiss and said goodbye. Success!!! Not so fast... When I went to pick her up, I asked Miss Tammy, her teacher, how it went. She told me Addelyn did great! until... Miss Tammy looked at her. Big mistake! Addelyn had a screaming, crying, major fit and took awhile to calm down. Miss Tammy also said Addy had a little trouble listening (one of my main reasons for putting her in preschool). Miss Tammy told me that she is just going to have to be a little firm with Addy and that she knows that Addy is a very smart kid. I told her that was fine and we would see her next week! Let's hope that it gets better as Addy becomes more comfortable. They have a 6 week probationary period to let the kids adjust... so let's hope she improves before then! :)
She looks so grown up! After I dropped her off, I may or may not have shed a few tears in the car. I didn't think it would be hard for me at all, but it was! I didn't know what to do with myself for those 2 hours.








1 comment:
I hope next week goes much better! She sure looks cute and grown up!
Post a Comment