Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving

It seems to me that Thanksgiving is becoming more of a stepping stool to Christmas. Everyone is so anxious to shop the black Friday sales (which have now started Thursday) and to start getting ready for Christmas. I will admit, that at times I get caught up in this. However, Thanksgiving is a wonderful holiday! It's time to spend with family, eat, laugh, play games, and relax. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with Tyler's family this year. His Aunt Mary Kay and Uncle Curt came from Utah, Aunt Kris and Uncle Jon came from Washington, Grandma Oldroyd from Beaverton, and Grandpa and Grandma Bendixsen. I am so lucky to have married into such a wonderful family. I feel like I belong with them. I don't feel like I'm an unwanted addition. I know that I am loved by them and I love ALL of them as well.
With that said, Tyler and I were crazy enough to go to Wal-Mart at 10 pm to get some princess dolls for Addy that she will LOVE! We were also hoping to lay our hands on a trampoline for Tyler's mom... no luck. I think that was my first time ever going to Wal-Mart for black Friday, or Thursday in this case. I don't think I will ever do it again. There was not a single parking spot in all of the Wal-Mart parking lot, the attached parking lots belonging to Payless, McDonalds, and a few others were also completely jammed, as were the side streets. Anyway... I didn't take any pictures of the events of Thanksgiving... lame, I know! I just never got my camera out.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

We had people parking in the grass between the Wal-Mart and Target parking lots.