Sunday, July 10, 2011

Potty in the Toilet!

Addy is officially potty-trained!!! Yay! It's so nice to not have to change diapers anymore. It wasn't the easiest thing, but it's done and I am so glad! I did a 3 day method, which actually worked!
Day 1: Worst day ever! We had 16 accidents! 16! "They" recommend giving children who are potty training lots of liquids so they will go more often and learn quicker... yikes! I am pretty sure that she did not go in the toilet without first going in her panties.
Day 2: ONE accident! From 16 to one! How does that happen?! I was so glad. After washing all her panties after day one I was trying to decide if I really wanted to go through with this. We even went to Target and Fred Meyer successfully and used a public toilet!
Day 3: One accident, but I think this was our fault. We put her in her room for a little time out and she was saying she had to go potty. We didn't get to her in time.

We did it! She did it! I did it! She still has a few accidents here and there, but I am okay with that. She is still learning. Whenever she has to go she says "potty in the toilet" with kind of a panicked voice. It's pretty cute.
The trip to Fred Meyer and Target on day 2 has a story with it. Addy recently discovered Mickey and Minnie Mouse (he's on her diapers). Day 2 she was throwing a fit because she wanted Mickey and Mimi (as she says it) on her panties. So, we went to the store to buy her some Mickey and Mimi panties. However, they only make Mimi panties for girls. I had to convince her that Minnie was just as cool. She loves them! I am happy!

I love her little non-diaper bum. She looks so much thinner in her pants now, but she still has a huge stomach!

On Sunday she did not go potty the ENTIRE time we were at church. I kept taking her to go, but she just refused. I had no idea she could hold it that long!

Oh and I did not even try night time training. Her diapers are still super wet when she wakes up in the morning and I do not want to change her sheets 3 times a night, or be up 3 times a night. I'm not ready. And I don't think she's ready.


Minnie Panties.


Cute Bum!

Next step to being a big girl... getting rid of the binkie. Yikes!

3 comments:

daniellejackson said...

yay! I'm glad she did it! Way to be persistent!

Ty and Meg said...

Well done! Glad things improved after day 1. :) And good luck with the binki. I hear that can be rough. haha

Kris and MaLanie said...

Great job Tara! Day 1 is so hard but I'm glad you stuck with it. It's so worth it! We have to wean Bristol off the binkie too. Not looking forward to that!