Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My First Day

I started a job yesterday! It feels good to be more active in the morning and actually have a reason to leave the house. I am working at the "J" aka Mittleman Jewish Community Center (MJCC) here in Portland. It is about a 3 minute drive from my house. It is the perfect job for me! I am working at a drop off daycare for 3 hours (from 8:15-11:15 am) Monday through Thursday. Just 12 hours a week. I am able to take Addy and she has been a doll so far! She will play when we first get there, then sleep, then eat, and then play some more. I think it will be more fun for her when she gets older so she can have some friends to interact with and such. My good friend Marissa got me the job and I am so grateful for that! I work with Marissa and Malorie (both their husbands are dental students as well, and we have become good friends over the past year). I feel so blessed to have this job. We have been praying for something that I am able to do so that I can be there for Addy and not have to leave her at a day care while I work.
With the job comes a free membership to the MJCC... so Tyler and I are able to go work out for free! I hope that once we get into a good routine in the fall that we will be able to take full advantage of this. They also of a climbing wall there and Tyler is so excited because he has his own shoes and would love to go! I'm excited for him. The J also offers free classes if you are a member, so us girls might just start going to a kickboxing class. I think it would be fun and a
great workout!














Addy has learned to hold her bottle! How cute! This is her hanging out at the "J" having a mid morning snack. All of the kids are so interested in Addy because she is a baby. They are learning to "be gentle" with her.

1 comment:

Heather said...

how cool that you can work and also not have to leave baby. Congrats that sounds great.