Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thankfulness

This Thanksgiving was a great one.  I took time to really think about all that I have been blessed with and how many things I have to be thankful for.  I feel like, lately, I dwell a lot on the negative in my life, especially not being able to get pregnant.  I often forget to think about the positives and how much good there is in my life.  I have a handsome, caring, hardworking, patient, kind, loving husband and a smart, healthy, beautiful 3 1/2 year old daughter.  My husband has a job, we have a roof over our heads, we are able to spend the holidays with family, we can afford to buy Christmas presents, we have 2 cars, we have good friends, we have food on our table, we have a testimony of Jesus Christ... I could go on.  This Thanksgiving was especially fun because Addelyn totally understands the holidays and what they mean.  Thanksgiving to her means lots of turkey and that Christmas will be here soon! :)  She is so excited to go see my parents for Christmas and everyday asks me if we can go.  We got our tree this weekend and decorated it last night.  It is so much fun to watch the joy and amazement in her eyes as we explain all our Christmas traditions to her.  Bottom line, I just need to be more grateful because I have a LOT to be thankful for! 


 We watched the Thanksgiving Macy's Day Parade.  Addelyn LOVED watching it and seeing all the huge floats.

 I made amazing green bean casserole from scratch, including the shoe string onions on top (Tyler helped me with those).  No canned junk here!






 Saturday we drove out to Clickers in Walla Walla to cut down our Christmas tree with Mom and Dad B and Emery. 


Tyler didn't like our tree at first...


Saturday night we went and saw Forgotten Carols in Tri-Cities. 




 Sunday we decorated for Christmas!  Addelyn loved putting the star on top of the tree, setting up our Nativity, and clumping her "gornaments" together on the tree.  :)

No comments: