We attempted to make Addy's binkies disappear, by throwing them in the trash. HUGE mistake! She didn't cry as much as I thought she would, BUT she would not take naps anymore and she would stay up as late as 10 playing in her room. We decided to, by we, I mean I decided to give them back to her for nap and nighttime. I am SO not ready for her to be done with naps. So now, we just take it away right when she wakes up. We'll be binky free someday. It doesn't bother me as much now since she doesn't always have to have it. Much better!
This was the first night without her bink. We were amazed that she slept through the night with out it. Previously, she would wake up and cry if she couldn't find her binky. That was probably the most successful thing about the idea!
Addy helped me make cookies the other day. She was such a good helper! She measured and dumped. However, whenever I turned the mixer on she would run to the couch and get into this position...
She didn't like the loud sound of the mixer. Addy would say "I'm scared!" then run away and pretend to be asleep on the top of the couch. Silly girl! She also, wouldn't taste test the cookie dough! Crazy!
She most definitely enjoyed the end product!
Quite often I find Addelyn in her room reading to herself. She LOVES to read! I am so glad! I love hearing her cute little voice when she reads. It's amazing that she remembers what the books are about from when I read to her.
1 comment:
I love those pictures of her reading in her room! So cute. I love that long hair too. :)
Post a Comment